13th March 2020
In response to the current COVID-19 situation in the UK, The Octagon Committee would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are taking a number of precautionary actions to ensure that we can continue to keep the centre open for hirers and Octagon services.
We want to assure you that our first priority is to keep our community and centre users safe and as a result, we are following all guidance and advice issued by HM Government and Public Health England.
Business as Usual
- We are operating as normal and have so far had ZERO suspected cases of Coronavirus in connection with the charity.
- We have established a dedicated subcommittee that includes trustees and contracted workers who are in regular contact and monitoring the situation.
- We are encouraging our hirers and service users to follow best hygiene practices as recommended by the UK Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or to work (including visiting the Octagon)
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- If you or anyone in your group are suffering from a cough or fever we would ask that you follow the government advice to self-isolate and not attend sessions at the Octagon.
- We remind you that individual hirers remain responsible for implementing these hygiene standards in their groups.
- We will closely monitor the ongoing situation and keep you updated via email, please ensure you read the following government advice for up to date advice and guidance. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you are aware of anyone in your group that has attended The Octagon and has become symptomatic please ensure that you contact us immediately on 07984 928221, or email@example.com
Should you wish to get in contact with the management committee to discuss your own plans please continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewed 16/03/2020 at 14:36